Caramelized Onion Meat Loaf
This recipe makes 4 – 6 servings - depending on the size you prefer. Just be careful! It is so good you may want to eat the whole thing!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 1-pound lean Ground Beef 1 ½ – 2 cups Caramelized Onions – Divided (*recipe below or your favorite recipe can be used)
- 2 Eggs – beaten 1/3 c Seasoned dry Breadcrumbs or Panko Crumbs
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce 1 t Salt
- 1/8 t Black Pepper 1/2 t Dried Thyme
- 1 t Garlic Powder Drizzle of Ketchup or your favorite BBQ sauce for serving
- You can put all 2 cups of onions in or save 1/2 cup, heat, and garnish in the end.
- Mix well – The mixture should be loose when it goes in the pan.
- Place into greased bread pan. Pat down gently into loaf form.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
Caramelized Onions Ingredients*
- 3 – 4 large Vidalia Onions
- 2 t olive oil
- 2 t butter
- 2 T Brown Sugar
- Heat oil in large pan, add onions.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned and soft.
- Add butter and brown sugar stirring until incorporated.
For more tasty recipes, visit Sherry’s Recipe Corner anytime at Waldo State Bank’s blog!