Recipe for Success: Tammy's Caramel Corn
For many years, Tammy, our Loan Servicing Specialist, has been treating our team to her homemade caramel corn! It quickly became a bank favorite, and we are excited to share it with you.
- 3 quarts of popped popcorn (works best with air-popped popcorn)
- ½ cup butter (1stick) must be butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup light Karo syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a microwavable bowl (EXCEPT THE BAKING SODA and POPCORN).
- Cook in the microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take out of the microwave and add baking soda, stir well. It will change to a creamy consistency.
- Put Popcorn in a brown paper grocery bag, pour mixture over the top. Shake bag to coat, put in microwave for 3 minutes. Shake bag at 1-minute intervals.
- Spread out on wax paper to cool.
- Break apart and enjoy.