Sherry’s Recipe Corner: Cranberry Shortbread Bars
Sherry’s Cranberry Shortbread Bars are a delicious sweet treat that melts in your mouth!
- 2 c butter – room temperature
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 4 c flour
- 1/2 c pecans – chopped
- 24 ounces fresh cranberries – rough chopped
MAKE THE DOUGH:
- Beat butter until smooth
- Add sugars – beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and salt – beat until blended, reduce speed
- Add flour, 1 cup at a time – by the time you get to the last cup, may need to hand mix
- Press 2/3 of dough into sprayed pan. Mix nuts into the remainder, set aside
- Top dough with cranberries
- Drop chunks of the remainder of dough on top.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes – this step is essential for perfect looking bars
- Preheat oven to 350, bake 40 – 42 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- This recipe is perfect for sharing using a 17 x 11 cookie pan. For thicker bars, use a 9 x 13 pan.
- Serve warm or cold
We hope you enjoy this recipe. For more delicious ideas, visit Waldo State Bank’s blog page to find Sherry’s Recipe Corner!