Sherry's Recipe Corner: Tasty Pecan Bars
Love Pecan Pie, but want to share with a crowd? Freeze some for future use? These are the bars for you. Tastes just like the pie!
- 3 c flour
- 1/2 c sugar
- 3/4 t salt
- 1 c butter
- 3 T butter, melt
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1 1/2 c karo syrup (light)
- 4 eggs
- 1 T vanilla
- 3 c pecans – rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 10 x 15 pan
- Mix flour, sugar, salt.
- Using a pastry cutter or two forks, incorporate the butter until it is smaller than pea-size crumbles.
- Press firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 20 min
- Mix all except the pecans until well blended, fold in the pecans
- At the end of the 20 minutes, take the crust out of the oven.
- Top with filling, and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
Helpful Tip: They taste delicious slightly warm with vanilla bean ice cream or whip topping on top! Also, they freeze extremely well and can be enjoyed later if there are any leftovers!
Share this recipe and more helpful banking tips by visiting WALDO STATE BANK'S BLOG