Easy Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy! This recipe for lemon meringue pie will surely want people coming back for more!
- 1 Deep Dish Pie Crust (room temp) and pan
- 1 - 4.3 oz Cook & Serve Lemon Jell-O
- 5 Eggs - separated
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 3 c Water
- 1/3 c Sugar (for egg whites)
- Prebake pie crust according to directions
- Separate eggs – place yolks in a medium saucepan and whites in a large bowl
- Add to saucepan: Jell-o, sugar, and water, whisk well
- Stir constantly over medium heat until the mixture reaches a boil and is thick and smooth
- Place in pie crust
- Whip egg whites on high speed until foamy gradually adding in the 1/3 c sugar, continue whipping until stiff peaks form
- Gently spread egg whites on top of the lemon mix, completely sealing.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes until top is browned
- Cool completely, store in the refrigerator.