After testing many recipes and failed attempts, I believe we have a winner! This took 3 different recipes to come together to make one muffin, but I think you will find it worth it! It may look intimidating, but it is actually super easy and fun!
- 1 15-ounce can Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 c Canola Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/4 c Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 2 c Flour
- 1 T Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 t Cinnamon
- 1 t Baking Powder
- 1/2 t Baking Soda
- 1/2 t Salt
- 3 T Butter – melted
- 1/2 c Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 c Flour
- 1 c Walnuts or Pecans – chopped
Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients
- 2 - 8 ounce Cream Cheese – low fat is fine, room temperature
- 1/2 c Butter – room temperature
- 3 c Powder Sugar
- 2 t Vanilla
- 1/2 t salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray muffin tins – makes 12 large
- Mix with mixer on low first 5 ingredients until blended and smooth – Pumpkin, Oil, Eggs, both Sugars.
- Add in remaining ingredients, mix on low until well blended.
- Distribute evenly between the 12 muffin cups
- Mix all together and sprinkle over the muffin batter
Bake at 325 for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
Cream Cheese Filling Mix
- Whip all ingredients with a mixer (I used a hand mixer) until smooth and creamy
- Place in a Ziploc baggie and cut the end off one corner to make a piping bag
After completely cooled it is time to fill! ~ Using a sharp serrated knife, carve out a small muffin center, gently use a small spoon to push the sides of the muffin back to make a nice opening. Fill with the cream cheese filling and place the small muffin center into the filling, gently pushing it in.
Keep Refrigerated and Enjoy!