Recipe for Success: The Great Pumpkin Dessert
The Great Pumpkin Dessert
Whether you are ready to watch “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” or thinking ahead to Thanksgiving, this dessert is sure to please. Not only is it super easy, but stores well in the refrigerator and is delicious served warm or cold. It has been a family favorite for years.
- 1 can (15 ounces) Solid-Pack Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) Evaporated Milk (can use fat-free)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 T Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 3/4 c melted Butter
- 1 to 1 1/2 c chopped Pecans or Walnuts (I do the 1 1/2)
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl whisk the first 5 ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 9 x 13 baking pan
- Sprinkle with the dry cake mix
- Drizzle melted butter over the top
- Toss the nuts and brown sugar in a bowl and put on top of the melted butter
- Bake 350 for 50 – 52 minutes in a glass pan. Closer to 60 minutes if not glass. A knife comes out clean from the center when it is done.
- Ice Cream (Vanilla or Butter Pecan) or Cool Whip and a drizzle of Caramel